First, demographic info! Please feel free to leave things blank if you prefer not to answer.
Please answer the following questions:
Name (first name only, please!):
Please describe the cultural adjustments you experienced by answering the following questions.
- What culture were you coming from, and what culture were you going to? (ie. Southern United States, visiting another country, or another part of the US)
- Did you feel like the people around you were different from the people you were accustomed to interacting with at home? If yes, please provide examples.
- What did you expect in the new culture? Did it meet your expectations? If not, how was it different?
- Did you feel as if the new culture had different values than what you were used to? Were they more open and friendly? Less?
- How easily did you integrate into the new culture? Was there a language barrier you had to overcome? Did you feel like your mannerisms / habits screamed ‘FOREIGNER’!?
- What were some of the things you liked about the new culture?
- What did you dislike about the new culture?
- What else would you like to tell me about your experience?
I'd like to thank everyone that is participating, or that has offered to participate. This is for my Cultural Anthropology class, and I daresay this is not the last time I'll ask for input as the semester goes on. :)