I will say that Assemblage 23's 30 Thousand Feet is on repeat right now, because, well, everyone needs to cry in the morning. It wouldn't be a favorite if roho hadn't posted it (Thank you, Ashi, for pointing it out to us!!), so I won't include it below.
1. Room of Angels - Silent Hill 4
2. Mike Batt - Ring of Scorpio
3. Scorpions - Winds of Change
4. The Cruxshadows - Winterborn (Subway to Sally mix)
5. Toto - Africa
6. Nightwish - Walking in the Air
It's really hard to choose favorite music out of our sizable collection. It really is. The above are the pieces that will always cause me to reach for the volume to turn it up.
1. Room of Angels - Silent Hill 4 --- Anyone that knows the relationship I have with my mother will understand why this song speaks so deeply to me. Even without that, I love the haunting melody and the ethereal quality of the music. (lyrics here)
2. Mike Batt - Ring of Scorpio -- A song of betrayal and retribution, it's like Room of Angels in that it hides a darker menacing emotion behind beautiful soft music. It reminds me of steel sheathed in velvet. (lyrics here)
3. Winds of Change - Scorpions -- I just realized I don't actually have this one in my collection, something I will fix today. I have loved this song for years; I used to dance to it when I was younger at the Church dances, and the whistling is what's always captured me. There's a lot of emotion in the lyrics as well, but.. all of the songs I love have potent lyrics, so.. :) (lyrics here)
4. Winterborn - Cruxshadows -- Ahh. Another wonderful beautiful ballad. Yumm-mmy. (lyrics here)
5. Africa - Toto -- Everybody knows and loves this song. Nothing new here. It's been one of my favorites for as long as I can remember. (lyrics!)
6. Walking in the Air - Nightwish -- MMmm. Brendan mentioned Sleeping Sun; Walking in Air is another powerful piece from Nightwish. Her vocal range is.. extremely impressive! (lyrics)
There are so many other pieces that move me, so much other music I love. But these are the 6 that came immediately to mind. Now, I'm going to listen to Assemblage 23 some more.
Oh. Right. I'm supposed to tag people. I choose.... dracosphynx, feren (maybe if enough of us whack him with the tag, he'll do it), tugrik, was1, perro, and... hmm. typographer. (The hard part is finding 6 people whose musical tastes I don't already know, and who haven't already done this! If any of you have, sorry, I forgot. :) )